Monday, October 5, 2009

Our weekend

Overall, we had a nice weekend. Caleb has given us a few new concerns, which we are trying not to get too worried about. The past 2 weeks he has not wanted to finish some of his bottles.. sometimes he pushes them away, other times he will cry. This is very unusual for Caleb... he used to cry when it was empty! We've noticed Caleb has had a lot of gas (I know, not something you need to know but it's quite common in babies). He seems to get more gas when he eats. Also, (another thing you might not want to know).. Caleb's poops have become slightly loose and not "normal" for him. Of course right away I think the worse.. that there is something medically wrong. I know it's probably 1. Too much oatmeal (fiber). He was eating 2 servings a day - per his Pediatrician we are supposed to offer it to him 2-3 times a day! That just seems like a lot of fiber to me. So I made the decision to cut back to 1 feeding to see if that helps. or 2. it could be teething. I know diarrhea is a side effect to teething. There doesn't seem to be anything cutting through just yet but he sure likes to chew on things and drool. or 3. he has a little stomach bug. Hopefully this all passes and he is fine. He is still generally happy but he has been waking up more at night.. poor guy. Please say a prayer for him to feel better soon.
If anyone has suggestions as to why Caleb wouldn't want to finish his bottles and why he might not be feeling too good.. my ears are all yours.

Friday night we hung out at home and spent some time together as a family.
Saturday we had Brina and Hobsey's wedding. The weather forecast was calling for it to be chilly, windy and rainy. Luckily it was none of those! It turned out to be a nice day. The wedding reception was under a big tent at Brina's parents house, it was very nice. Caleb got to spend the day with his Godparents - Aunt Stacy, Uncle Alex and cousins Jillian and James. Unfortunately Saturday was a pukey day for Caleb, I think he must have gone through 20 bibs. I'm not sure what his Aunt, Uncle and cousins were teaching him.. but ever since he came home from spending time with them he has been making raspberries with his mouth. He does it quite frequently, it's cute but sometimes I have to guess if it's coming from his mouth or the other end! My guess is he learned it from big cousin Jillian. =) Thanks Jilly Bean. What other tricks are you going to teach him over the years?
Yesterday-Sunday, we just hung out and spent quality time with Caleb. Nick played football around lunch time with the guys.. Caleb and I were going to go watch but since I was so worried about Caleb not eating right and having diarrhea, we decided it was best to stay home. We read stories, played in the Einstein jumper and Caleb took a 20 minute nap on his play mat. Then later in the day we went for a family walk around the neighborhood. That was pretty much our weekend.... nice and relaxing.

We hope everyone had a good weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment