When we named Caleb we did not go crazy looking into the meanings of names. I remember looking it up at one point and knowing that Caleb meant loyal and faithful.. I thought, ok that's good.. nothing crazy. Loyal and faithful and good attributes to have.
I don't know what made me look it up again, but I found this:
The boy's name Caleb \c(a)-l
eb\ is pronounced KAY-leb. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "dog". Biblical: Caleb, a companion of Moses and Joshua, was noted for his astute powers of observation and fearlessness in the face of overwhelming odds; his devotion to God is symbolized by the "dog" in some traditions. The name was popular among the Puritans, and was introduced by them to America.
Do you think it's ironic that Caleb's name also means "dog" (who is also loyal and faithful) and Caleb has a love of dogs, especially his dog, Deacon? Just thought that was pretty funny and wanted to share.
jonah rockin' the xylophone
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment