Monday, September 21, 2009

Little Update

CALEB

Caleb is now 4 1/2 months. My how time has flown by. Caleb continues to bless us in so many ways each and every day. I honestly cannot remember my life without him. I know it was only 4 1/2 months ago but I seriously can't remember my days without him. Waking up, the first thing I think about is Caleb... how peaceful he looks when he is sleeping and the first thing I want to do upon waking up is run into the nursery and see his peaceful sleeping face. Some mornings I wake to his sweet voice on the monitor coo-ing and talking away (like father like son!). It's the most precious thing you've ever heard. Then, I go into his nursery and there he is.. wide awake smiling and laughing. He is the happiest baby.. we are truely blessed.

Caleb started daycare 2 weeks ago on Sept. 8th. Up until that time my Mom was watching him until school started after Labor Day. His transition to daycare was very easy. His teachers are so nice and cannot believe how easy going he is. Caleb managed to catch a cold on his 3rd day of daycare - my that didn't take long. My heart broke when I came home and saw his wattery eyes and stuffy little nose. At that point, reality set in. My baby is sick for the first time, and there is not much I can do. Sure, I can comfort him, distrat him with toys.. but I cannot make that stuffy little nose go away. That night he also spiked his first fever of 101.9. At first I was hopeful.. he's not sick.. he's teething!! But then when the symptoms did not go away or get better, I knew.. he is sick. A few days later.. Nick and I became sick. Wow do babies heal quicker then adults!! Caleb was feeling better within 3 days. Nick and I, not so much. This past Friday Caleb developed yet another ailment... his first double ear infection. Most likely from the virus he had the week before. He is now on antibiotics and on his way to recovery. Through all the pain, Caleb remained happy. What a good baby. Again, my heart broke and contined to ache each time he grabbed his little ear and let out a shriek. I wish I could take the pain away.

Caleb had his 4 month check last week at his Pediatrician. He weighs 15 lbs 9.5 oz and is 26 in long. He is in the 90th percentile for his length and 75th for his weight. Same as he has been! Right on track, growing nicely. His doctor decided to take him off his reflux medicine, she thinks he will be fine without it. So far.. so good!

This coming Sunday we are having Caleb baptized at our church. I got him the most adorable white satin outfit and cannot wait to see him in it. Nick keeps telling me I should try it on him before the big day but I know it will fit and I'm paranoid about him puking on it! We are having a little luncheon for our families at our house after the service. Hopefully the weather cooperates because we are looking forward to using our newly built deck.

Well folks, there you have it... that is the latest and greatest.

Take care and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment